Ratatouille Quinoa Casserole – Healthy complet spiced dish, vegan and gluten free
I made this delicious quinoa last week. I always love veggies especially these Mediterranean veggies like peppers, zucchini and eggplant. I also added basil and olive oil to the dish for more flavors.
This recipe has a lot of ingredients but it’s totally worth it! You’ll enjoy multiple flavors combined all together with incredibles spices. I am a huge fan of the turmeric/paprika mix and this recipe uses both. I replaced regular paprika for smoked paprika for a different taste but you can definitely switch if you don’t find it.
Nutmeg is also a great add to this recipe. It’s nutty flavor enhances so much the chickpeas and the tricolor quinoa.
Hope you’ll enjoy this recipe and feel free to ask any questions 🙂
- 3 peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange)
- 3 small zucchinis
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1lb of uncooked quinoa (I used tricolor)
- 4 tbsp of turmeric
- 4 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp of cumin
- 4 tbsp of nutmeg
- 4 tbsp of black sesame seeds
- ½ cup of fresh basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Slice veggies and place on an oven proof pan.
- Place chickpeas in an oven proof pan.
- Sprinkle with all the spices.
- Roast the veggies for 45 minutes at 425 degrees. (stop before if your oven is very strong and they are burning)
- Bake chickpeas for 20 minutes.
- At the same time, slice onion.
- Cook with 2 cups of water until all water has evaporate (around 30 minutes) on medium-high heat.
- Mix caramelized onion with quinoa.
- in a large casserole, add basil leaves cut and quinoa.
- Mix with roasted veggies.
- Season with olive oil salt and pepper,
- Add olive oil at the end.
- Cover and preheat if needed.