Gluten free banana bread – Healthy one bowl banana bread made in 5 minutes
If you are looking for an easy recipe for the morning, this banana bread will make you the happiest person! 1 bowl, 2 bananas, 5 minutes. Anything better?
What I love the most with this cake is that it makes no mess. All cakes should be 1 bowl to make the cleaning easy ;).
Silicon molds are the best for this kind of cakes. You won’t get a headache trying to remove the cake from the pan.
Also, I like to include a whole banana inside because of the aspect when you slice the cake. It makes it very presentable. However, you can also smash the banana in the dough if you prefer.
For the toppings, dates give a nice sweet flavor to the cake. My original recipe have very low sugar but you can definitely add 180g of sugar total if you like a strong sweet taste.
I decided to add some cacao nibs to give a slightly bitter aftertaste but they can be replaced but regular dark chocolate chips.
You can also add one spoon of your favorite protein to make it a great snack after a workout!
- 150g of almond flour
- 100g of coconut flour
- 250g of eggs (5 eggs)
- 120g of coconut sugar (or 180g if you like more sweet)
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 2 ripped bananas
- 1 cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of cocoa nibs or chocolate chips
- ½ cup of dates cut in pieces
- Optional: 1 spoon of protein
- Mix sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Add almond flour and olive oil.
- Smash one banana and add to the dough.
- Finish by adding nuts, dates and chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Pour dough in the silicon cake pan and add the whole banana in the middle.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375