If you know me, you must know that I hate waste. I always use ripped fruits to make jam or smoothie, salad to make gratin or bread to make pain perdu!
This recipe is beyond expectation: easy, delicious and simple! It makes a perfect week end breakfast or snacks with a teaspoon of nut butter or can even be eaten with cheese or savory flavors without the vanilla extract!
- 1 lb (600g) of homemade leftovers challah
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of almond milk (I use unsweetened)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Slice challah in 3 or 4 and in halves.
- Mix egg, vanilla and milk.
- Soak challah pieces per pieces for a few minutes until well wet.
- Cook on high heat in a sauteed pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Reheat in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!