How to make my lava cakes:
Extra chocolate lava cake are by far my classic go-to dessert for any event, any dinner and any craving! Those chocolate lava cakes are so delicious and melt so much in you mouth, you can’t even stop eating them! It’s very dangerous!
Personally, I don’t think sugar is necessary in this recipe. Your chocolate is already sweet enough if you use one from 50% to 70%. It all depends of your taste. If you like very sweet desserts, then I recommend adding the spoons of sugar. If you are like us and on a sugar detox, you’ll enjoy not having added sugar in your lava cakes.
Moreover, I would recommend using 4 medium molds (I used small ones to make minis on my picture) if you want them super super lava. After baking them, let them cool for a few minutes. They will become harder. Other wise they’ll fall apart.
Also if you want to freeze them or eat them another time, undercook them of 1 minute!
- 200g (usually 1 tablet) of extra dark chocolate (between 60% and 72%)
- ⅓ cup of almond or nut oil
- 4 eggs
- 50g of almond flour
- Optional: 2 tbsp of sugar
- Melt chocolate and oil.
- Whip eggs (and sugar) until mixture blanches.
- Add cooled chocolate to eggs and mix slowly.
- Add delicately almond flour.
- Pour in 4 medium to 6 small molds.
- Cook for 6 minutes for the small ones and 7 minutes for the large ones at 435 degrees F.